Whether you are going out to a party, join an event, or simply go out for fun, you need to make sure that your appearance is impeccable. If straight hair is what you want, then you can definitely straighten your hair at home on your own, but you have to ensure that when you use heat to achieve your desired look, your straight hair will stay straight throughout the day.
10 tips to follow for long-lasting straight hair
Simply go through the tips below on how to maintain your straight hair appearance in public.
- Make sure that your hair totally dry from roots to ends before you use a flattening iron to straighten your hair.
- Protect your hair by applying high quality hair protectant to your hair and keep the proteins in the cuticle of your hair. Losing the nutrients will lead to hair damage and breakage.
- Read the manual carefully and have the confidence of knowledge before you start heating up your hair. Start with the lowest temperature first and then gradually turn the heat high. If you happen to have thin hair, keep the heat temperature to a low level in order to prevent your hair from getting damaged.
- Partition your hair into thin sections and start heating up your hair.
- Use your hands to detangle your hair and comb to smooth it out.
- Use sectioning clips to divide your hair.
- High quality straighteners are recommended to provide extra protection to your hair. Choose the one with ceramic plates for better results.
- For added assurance, use a mild hair spray to keep your hair together for a long time.
- Travel straighteners are perfect for emergencies.
- Never forget to check your hair in the mirror after a few hours, to make that your hair is still straight.